Category Archives: Studio News
Happy Earth Day from everyone at Pixel Parlor!
We don’t just think about sustainability on Earth Day, but everyday.
Making the world a little better is achievable through seeking collaborative efforts with those who also value both environmentally and socially sustainable practices.
We’re excited to receive samples of the City of Gold-branded sriracha bottles that we worked with Danielle over at IFC Films to create. They were a giveaway for opening weekend of the documentary about legendary food credit Jonathan Gold, now in select theaters.
5 days a week for 4 weeks with potential to extend the engagement.
Goal: To help our team design and develop a series of websites in various states of completion.
• Collaborating on design and development
• Designing for responsive websites, and other digital projects
• Determining technical requirements
• Website updates
• Some writing and editing content
• Creating back-up files
• Troubleshooting code issues
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in web design or graphic design
• 3-5 years experience
• Experienced in WordPress
• Talented web designer
• Understanding of WP best practices, and general web best practices
• Front-end (HTML/CSS) development experience
• Comfortable with video and audio integration
• Bonus: experience with JS, JSON, & PHP, and HTML Canvas animation
Here is a quick glimpse of the new CAMD signage in Ryder Hall at Northeastern University. We love to see that the signs are in good company mingling with the gorgeous student art that is populating the halls after the building’s face lift.
There are many more photos to come. So keep an eye out for what we’ve been up to.
Photo credit: Madison Rogers
A belated welcoming of our senior designer, Lisa Harris, gave us a good reason to check out the new taco stand in the neighborhood: Heffe, from the owners of Modo Mio and Paesano’s. The verdict: everything’s pretty great, from the octopus tacos, burritos, poutine, and the free bonus items we were given. Definitely worth checking out on Frankford Ave, here in Fishtown.
The Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) hosts an annual Halloween block party for kids, closing off the streets in front of the Peter Jay Sharp building in Fort Greene, Brooklyn – complete with a costume contest, games, art, and candy.
We were excited to have the opportunity this year’s poster, based around the theme of “Monster Mash.”