Pixel Parlor is a full-service design studio and proud B Corp that creates exciting design for identity, branding, print, environmental graphics, and web.
We are in search of a senior level graphic designer with extensive experience in branding and print design. This position will play a pivotal role in our print team and will support the initiatives of the creative director.
This designer will provide comprehensive full life-cycle design and production for a variety of projects including identity and branding, print design, environmental graphic design, illustration, and design for digital media for clients who include performing arts organizations, not-for-profits, and businesses of all sizes.
This position will report directly to the creative director, but will work in concert with our CEO and creative project manager.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for design, the desire to lead, and the portfolio of work that demonstrates the capacity to make an impact in a friendly, and highly creative environment. We seek to find a candidate with a friendly and collaborative attitude who has the capability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, and collaborators. This person will have the flexibility to respond proactively to constructive criticism, the insight to create organized materials, problem solve, and deliver a high-quality product to the client and end-user.
- A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent
- 8+ years experience in graphic design and/or advertising
- A highly developed portfolio demonstrating a versatility in branding and print design
- A strong sense of typography and page layout
- An illustrative approach to design and color
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- The ability to run a project from start to finish with minimal direction and/or active project management oversight
- Confidence and comfort when leading critiques and client facing meetings as well as presenting and receiving critique
- An intuitive problem solver
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines at the
- An expert in specifying print and facilitating the
production process with printers/fabricators
- An interest in innovating to push the studio forward in design and reach
- A willingness to assist the leadership team in new business endeavors that include client engagement and participation in industry events.
- An expert Adobe Creative Cloud user
- Experience in interactive IA/UX and design a plus
- Concepting, ground-up identity design, brand standards documents, brand assets, roll out and execution
- Print design for annual reports, impact reports, packaging, various collateral, business systems, and social media campaigns
- Creative problem solving and asking the right questions at the right times to assure that the deliverables are made to the client’s desires and to the necessary project requirements
- Independent management of multiple projects with a variety of clients from concept through production, and delivery
- Manage client communications and relationships through leading presentations, listening to client feedback and generating appropriate design responses
- Collaboration with studio partners and management on all aspects of design and production
- Manage day-to-day client relationships, edits and changes, and collaborate with our creative project manager to track project progress and scope
- Flexibility to modify a design response based on project budget and scope
- Collaborating with other team members to capitalize on their strengths and to get the job done
- Art direct photoshoots
Please send all serious inquiries with resume to: [email protected]